Please note: you cannot deduct the value of your time or services to do volunteer work. However, transportation costs to do volunteer work for a registered nonprofit may be a tax-deductible expense. Please check the IRS website or your tax professional to see if you qualify.
- An FPTower crew will come out with you for safety and to guide the restoration effort.
- Volunteers work 4 hours per day and still have plenty of downtime for recreation.
- Weight limits apply. Each passenger and their gear will be weighed before departure.*
- Before your trip, we will have an introduction conference call to discuss the trip’s details.
- All volunteers must adhere to the safety rules and sign a release waiver before departure.
Key things to remember:
- Be honest about your skills. Welding once in high school does not make you a welder
- Pack light, we have tools, safety glasses, and gloves. Bring only a small light backpack or duffle bag
- There is a 45lb max for backpacks and additional supplies weights will be determined at weigh-in
- Volunteers may be charged if additional transportation is required to accommodate excessive gear